|Destinations:||Leh - Shey, Thiksey - Indus river - Tsokar lake - Tsomoriri - Hanle via Mahe - Hanle|
|Trip Duration:||10 Nights - 11 Days|
|Best Time:||June To September|
|Price From:||Price Available On Request|
Birding trip in Ladakh
DORJEY DAYA is a local born, soft-hearted by nature & pro-vegetarian, A wildlife photographer since more than a decade. Take keen interests in birding and wildlife, a hobby turned in to a professional birder & wildlife lover, recorded more than 200 species. Along with local birders & wildlife lovers founded “ The Wildlife Conservation & Birds Club of Ladakh” a Founder member.
Day 01: Arrival in Leh airport and transfer to hotel/Homestays (Maitreya Residency) for complete rest for acclimatization at the altitude of 3500 meters .
Day 02: For the second day visit Shey, Thiksey marshes for bird watching . Overnight hotel/Homestays in Leh.
Day 03 : Loca trip for birding at different location at the Indus river side and other birding area.
Day 04: Leh to Tsokar drive 170 km, 5/6 hrs : Drive and pitch a camp or check in at Resort and rest for the day and evening take views of the lake. Overnight at Salt lake side.
Day 05 : Day around Tsokar lake : Today we will spend the whole day around the Tsokar lake for birding and capturing. Fair chances of spotting Argali, Upland Buzzard, Golden Eagle, Black necked Crane, Tibetan Sandgross, Bar Headed Goose, Strip Geese, Ruddy Shelduck, Gadwall, Common Merganser, Red Crested Pochard, Common Kestrel, Little Owl, Brown headed Gull etc .Tibetan Wild Ass, Tibetan Wolf and Red Fox are also can be seen. There is a nest of staffe eagle around some of the near by mountain. Overnight Camp/Guesthouse/Homestays accomodation.
Day 06 : Day in Tsokar lake side.
Day 07 : Tsokar to Tsomoriri (4520m) about 3 to 4 hrs. Drive crossing Polokongka la (4920m) & Namshang la (4800m). We drive watching along the way, stopping at Puga. We have a good chances of Bharal, Himalayan Marmots and Ladakh Urial apart from birds like Bar headed Goose, Afternoon explore the lake area. Overnight camp/Guesthouse at Korzok.
Day 08 : Explore the day at Tsomoriri lake.
Day 09: Tsomoriri to Hanle via Mahe. Distance of 160 km, 4/to 5 hours drive in jeep. Great place to see the Black necked Crane, Tibetan Gazelle. Overnight in Home Stays. If you are a foreigner then, this trip may not possible due to restricted area.
Day 10 : Day around Hanle : This day is spent exploring around the areas of Hanle. You will see many birds apart from Desert Wheatear, Horned Lark, Common Merganser . If you are lucky good chance to see Lynx and Pallas Cat. Overnight in Home Stays.
Day 11 : Hanle to Leh drive back to Leh.
Day 12 : Leh – Delhi Transfer to Leh airport and fly out with a sweet memories of Ladakh-Himalayas!
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing basis with all meals in Homestays/Hotel
- All meals at Camp / in home-stays
- All transportation (by Jeep) in Ladakh
- Guide/ Spotter services throughout the tour in Ladakh
- Home stay charges / Camping fees
- Sporting Scope & Binocular.
PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Flight tickets from Delhi-Leh-Delhi
- Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses, Personal binocular or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Trip Duration:12 Nights - 13 Days
Best Time: October to February